Welcome to the first article of building your online store with ShopGo
First steps of building an online store are:
- Creating a demo store
- Linking the demo store to the live domain consecutively.
After creating a demo store, you will enjoy 7 days of trial before linking it to the live domain.
If your demo store hasn't been linked to a live domain it will expire after the 7 days of trial. In this case, all the work done on the demo store will be lost, requiring from you to create another demo store to initiate the work again.
- Demo Store:
In order to create a demo store, kindly follow the below steps:
- Navigate to ShopGo's website
- Create your demo store by filling out the form that is shown in the below image
- You will be redirected to a success page which will show two links:
- Store URL (Frontend): Is your store's front from your customers' perspective. It is the website they see and interact with and buy your products from.
- Admin Panel URL (Backend): Is the place where you, as a merchant, control how your store looks and functions. This is where you can manage your products and orders, and learn about your sales. It is also where you can add elements to your pages and change the content of your store.
Frontend: The front end of your online store will look something like the below image, depending on your selected theme:
Backend: to access your store's admin panel, please follow the below steps:
- Add "/admin" after the domain name of your newly created demo store (i.e. yourdemostore.com/admin)
- Enter your login credentials, which were sent to your email address after creating the demo store
- Once you're logged in, your store's admin dashboard will look like the below screenshot:
After creating your demo store and picking a theme successfully, you have to link the demo store with your live domain. For more instructions, please refer to your Onboarding Specialist by submitting a new ticket.
By the end of this article, you should be able to create a demo store, pick your preferred theme and have it linked to your live domain.