About 80% of eCommerce in the MENA region is done through Cash on Delivery (COD). This can be due to the infancy of the concept of eCommerce and Online Payments in the region. Despite the high fees of the service it is important to add it with the payment methods, at least to consumers in your city/ country. COD can work as a motivation to a wide number of your buyers, it can also give credibility to your store.
Set up time
Within minutes, but you have to setup an account with a local courier.
How to set up?
Kindly follow the below steps in order to integrate COD with your store:
- From your admin panel go to “System” > “Advanced”>”Settings”
- Click on “Payment Methods” under “SALES”.
- Click on “Cash On Delivery Payment” tab to expand, then complete the following fields:
- “Enabled”: Set it to “Yes”.
- Title”: type in the title that you want to show to your customers on the checkout page.
- “New order status”: Set it to “Processing”.
- “Sort Order”: helps you sort the position of this method amongst other payment methods on the checkout page (set to 0 if you want it to show first, 1 if second and so on)
- “Shipping to applicable countries”: If you want to apply this method to all the countries, set it to “All Allowed Countries”, for specific set it to “Specific Countries” then press on CMD/CNTRL to choose the countries you want
- “Minimum Order Total”: You can apply this method for customers who purchase with an amount higher than the specified one.
- “Maximum Order Total”: You can apply this method for customers who purchase with an amount lower than the specified one.
- “Cost calculation”: To calculate the fee for COD by a fixed amount set it to “Fixed” and by percentage set it to “Percentage”
- “Costs for inland shipping”: Add the fee/percentage of using this payment method
- “Cost for Shipping to foreign countries”: Add the fee/percentage of using this payment method
- “Custom text for checkout page”: If you want to display a message to your customers underneath the Payment method on the checkout page
- “Disallow specific shipping methods”: Set it you “Yes”, if you want to avoid using COD with specific shipping methods
- Once you finish click on “Save Config” button.
Congratulations! For this payment method, you can set it right after you’re done with the steps. You should be able to see it once you click on the checkout page on your store.