The checkout page is the page that allows your customers to purchase their orders. It is basically the most important page on the store.
How to purchase an order?
- Navigate to your store’s front-end.
- Click on “Add to cart” button or “Icon”.
- A pop up page will be showing (with a timer) asking you to “CONTINUE SHOPPING” or “CHECKOUT”.
- If you clicked on “CONTINUE SHOPPING” button you will be allowed to continue shopping and to add to cart other products. If you clicked on “CHECKOUT” button you will be redirected to the checkout page.
- Once you are on the checkout page, you will be asked to fill in the following three sections:
- “Billing Information”: Information that is needed to be filled from the customer, that would help the store owner to communicate with customer if needed and ship the order to the customer.
- “Shipping Method”: The customer should select from the available shipping methods, which shipping method he/she wants to ship with.
- “Payment Information”: The customer should select one of the available payment methods to proceed the order with.
- After walking through all the three main steps, the customer has to click on the “PLACE ORDER” button.
At the end of this article, you should know what is a checkout page