A grouped product is made up of multiple, standalone products that are presented as a group. You can offer variations of a single product, or group them by season or theme to create a coordinated set. Each product can be purchased separately, or as part of the group.
In order to add a new Grouped product to your store, kindly follow the below steps:
- From your admin panel go to “Catalog” > “Products” > “Manage Products”.
- Click on “Add Product” button.
- From “Product Type” drop down list select “Grouped Product”, and keep the “Attribute set” to “Default”.
- Then click on “Continue” button.
You will be redirected to the “New Product” creation page to fill in the following tabs:
- “Name”: The product name that will appear on the front-end of your store.
- “Description”: Text that includes the specifications of the product which will appear on the product page.
- “Short Description”: The description that appears at the top of the product page.
- SKU: is the (Stock Keeping Unit): this number is a unique identifier for this product, across all stores and websites. For Example, 1001-IC PS. Starting SKUs with (0) for example (0111a) will cause issues, so it’s highly recommended not to start the SKUs numbers with 0.
- “Set Product as New from Date” and “Set Product as New to Date”: are used to set the product as a new product with a label for a specific period of time. The product will be also displayed on the New products slider on the homepage of your store.
- “Status”: Set it to “Enabled”
- “Visibility”: Choose how you want the product to be displayed, in the catalog pages and/or search results. It is recommended to set it to “Catalog,Search”.
- “Country of Manufacture”: You can use this attribute to specify the country of manufacturer.
- “In stock?”: Set to “In Stock”
- “Rating”: Select the rate that you want to display for the product.
- “Featured product”: If set to Yes, the product will be displayed on the Featured products slider on the homepage of your store.
- “Aramex Supplier”: Is a function used to connect your store’s suppliers to aramex-registered suppliers.
Meta information can help you with-SEO- search engine optimization-.Here you can add all of the following information for this product: Page Title, meta keywords and meta description. Meta keywords and description will show in the tags of the product’s html source. Page title, which is the title of the product page that appears on the browser tab:
- “Meta Title”: where Meta title for the store is specified.
- “Meta Keywords”: Are a group of keywords used for optimizing SEO which describe the type of products your store is selling.
- “Meta Description”: where description of the store is entered to help optimize the store’s SEO.
The Images tab is used to upload and manage individual images for the current product. You can upload multiple images for each product. In order to add a new image, kindly follow the below steps:
- Click on “Browse Files” button to pick an image from your computer, then click on “Upload Files” to upload the image you picked, on your store.
- Make sure to select the: “Base Image”, “Small Image” and “Thumbnail” radio buttons to the uploaded image. This allows the image to be uploaded in different sizes on the store based on its location.
- *Images types:
- “Base image”: It is the main image on the product details page.
- “Small Image”: It is used for the product images in listings on
- category and search results pages.
- “Thumbnail”: it appears in the thumbnail gallery, shopping cart, and in some blocks such as Related Items.
- “Manage Stock”: Set it to “Yes”.
- “Enable Qty Increments”: It will display the number of products left in stock.
- “Stock Availability”: Set it to “In Stock”. If you set it to “Out of Stock”, your customers will not be able to add the item to the cart
Check the box next to “Main Website”.
Select which category or subcategory, you want the product to be displayed in, by checking the box next to the category name (you can select more than one category and subcategory).
Those products will show up on the same product information page that the customer is looking at, but on the right side. Customers can purchase those products in addition to the item they are viewing. For example, when a customer is viewing a laptop that he/she wants to purchase, he/she can check additional products that he/she may be interested in, such as a computer’s mouse or extra CD-rom.
Products which have the same nature, but have few differences between them. Customers can choose from them instead of the product that they are viewing. The differences can be in the quality or the popularity etc. They are all shown on the same page.
Products that get displayed after a product has been added to the shopping cart. In this design package, three products are randomly picked from the products that are marked as cross-sells of all the products in the shopping cart.
- Check the box of the item you want to include.
- In the “Default Quantity” column, enter the initial quantity of this item.
- In the “Position” column, enter a number to determine the order of products.
Once you finish filling all the mentioned tabs above click on “Save” button.
At the end of this article, you should be able to create a new grouped product.
Things to remember
- A grouped product is essentially a collection of simple associated products.
- Simple and virtual products associated with a grouped product cannot have custom options.
- Each item purchased appears individually in the shopping cart, rather than as part of the group.
- The thumbnail image in the shopping cart can be set to display the image from the grouped product record, or from the associated product