A Bundle product allows customers to “build their own” product, from an assortment of options. The bundle could be a gift basket, computer, or anything else that can be customized. Each item in the bundle is a separate, standalone product.
For example the user can customize his/her computer by choosing the RAM, hard drive capacity…etc.
In this article we are going to show you how to add Bundle products.
In order to add a new Bundle product to your store, kindly follow the below steps:
- From your admin panel go to “Catalog” > “Products” > “Manage Products”.
- Click on “Add Product” button.
- From “Product Type” drop down list select “Bundle Product”, and keep the “Attribute set” to “Default”.
- Then click on “Continue” button.
You will be redirected to the “New Product” creation page to fill in the following tabs:
- “Name”: The product name that will appear on the front-end of your store.
- “Description”: Text that includes the specifications of the product which will appear on the product page.
- “Short Description”: The description that appears at the top of the product page.
- SKU: is the (Stock Keeping Unit): this number is a unique identifier for this product, across all stores and websites. For Example, 1001-IC PS. Starting SKUs with (0) for example (0111a) will cause issues, so it’s highly recommended not to start the SKUs numbers with 0.
- “Weight”: The weight of the product is in kilogram It is also used for shipping rates calculations.
- “Set Product as New from Date” and “Set Product as New to Date”: are used to set the product as a new product with a label for a specific period of time, and the product will be displayed on the New products slider on the homepage of your store.
- “Status”: Set it to “Enabled”.
- “Visibility”: Choose how you want the product to displayed, in the catalog pages and/or search results. It is recommended to set it to “Catalog,Search”.
- “Country of Manufacture”: You can use this attribute to specify the country of manufacturer.
- “In stock?”: Set to “In Stock”.
- “Rating”: Select the rate that you want to display for the product.
- “Featured product”: if set to Yes the product will be displayed on the Featured products slider on the homepage of your store.
- “Aramex Supplier”: Is a function used to connect your store’s suppliers to aramex-registered suppliers.
- “HS Code”: This attribute is used if “SkyNet” shipping method is configured on your store.
On the Prices tab, set Price to one of the following:
If using a fixed price, enter the actual value in the field to the right.
Then, set Price View to one of the following:
- As Low as.
- Price Range.
Meta information can help you with SEO- search engine optimization-.Here you can add all the following information for this product: Page Title, meta keywords and meta description. Meta keywords and description will be shown in the tags of the product’s html source. Page title, which is the title of the product page that appears on the browser tab:
- “Meta Title”: where Meta title for the store is specified.
- “Meta Keywords”: Are a group of keywords used for optimizing SEO which describe the type of products your store is selling.
- “Meta Description”: where description of the store is entered to help optimize the store’s SEO.
The Images tab is used to upload and manage individual images for the current product. You can upload multiple images for each product. In order to add a new image, kindly follow the below steps:
- Click on “Browse Files” button to pick an image from your computer, then click on “Upload Files” to upload the image picked, on your store.
- Make sure to select the: “Base Image”, “Small Image” and “Thumbnail” radio buttons to the uploaded image. This allows the image to be uploaded in different sizes in the store based on its location.
- *Images types:
- “Base image”: it is the main image on the product details page.
- “Small Image”: it is used for the product images in listings on category and search results pages
- “Thumbnail”: Thumbnail images appear in the thumbnail gallery, shopping cart, and in some blocks such as Related Items.
- “Manage Stock”: Set it to “Yes”
- “Enable Qty Increments”: If you want to add a condition for the number of items that should be purchased during placing the order, set it to “Yes”, then add the number. If you don’t, set it to “No”.
- “Stock Availability”: Set it to “In Stock”. If you set it to “Out of Stock”, your customers will not be able to add the item to the cart
Check the box next to “Main Website”.
Select which category or subcategory, you want the product to be displayed in, by checking the box next to the category name (you can select more than one category and subcategory).
Those products will show up on the same product information page that the customer is looking at, but on the right side. Customers can purchase those products in addition to the item they are viewing. For example, when a customer is viewing a laptop that he/she wants to purchase, he/she can check additional products that he/she may be interested in, such as a computer’s mouse or extra CD-rom.
Products which have the same nature, but have few differences between them. Customers can choose from them instead of the product that they are viewing. The differences can be in the quality or the popularity etc. They are all shown on the same page.
Products that get displayed after a product has been added to the shopping cart. In this design package, three products are randomly picked from the products that are marked as cross-sells of all the products in the shopping cart.
In Bundle Products you must not Add Custom options to your products, that products will not be shown then. That is because bundle products already have custom options when created, so creating a new custom option will cause conflict and products won’t be shown.
- Ship Bundle Items: Set it to either “Together” which means ship items together or “Separately” which means will ship each item alone.
- Click on “Add New Option” button.
- In the “Default Title” box, enter a label for the bundle item, as you want it to appear on the Customize Product page. Then, do the following:
- “Input Type”: Set it to the type you want.
- “Required”: Set it as needed.
- “Sort”: Enter the order that you want this item listed in, in relation to other
- items included in the bundle.
- Click on the Add Selection button. Then, do the following:
- Click on the Reset Filter button to display the unfiltered list of products.
- Check the box of each product that you want to include in this item.
- In the Qty to Add column, enter the quantity of each item to be included.
Click the Add Selected Product(s) to Option button. When the items appear in the Bundle Items list, do the following:
- Set User Defined Qty to one of the following: “Yes” Displays an input box so the customer can change the quantity. “No” Prevents the customer from changing the default quantity.
- Enter a number in the Position column of each item to determine its place in relation to other items
- To make an item the default selection, select the Default option of the item to be preselected in the form.
Once you finish filling all the mentioned tabs above click on “Save” button.
At the end of this article you should be able to create a Bundle product.
Things to remember
- A bundle is a “build your own” product.
- Bundle items can be simple or virtual products without custom options.
- The Price View can be set to a price range or “As Low As”.
- SKU and Weight can be either “Fixed” or “Dynamic”.
- The Quantity can be set to a pre-set or user-defined value.
- Items can be shipped together or separately