Have you ever visited a website and thought that it is to hectic to create an account and just had to leave? As an owner of an eCommerce website, you definitely don’t want this to happen to you.
We here present to you the way to use the Facebook login extension to allow your customers to login with their own accounts by a mouse click.
2 steps we need to go through:
- Create a Facebook canvas page, by using this link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/canvas.
- Add Application ID and Application secret code in the backend.
Step 1: To get the Facebook ID and Secret Key, follow these steps:
- Login to your Facebook Account.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Click on add new App and type the App Name.
- Click on Skip and Create App ID.
- Copy the Facebook ID and the Secret Key and paste them in the backend.
- Click on Settings and fill:
- Display Name
- App Domains (e.x yourdomain.com) without http://
- Contact Email
- Then Click on +Add platform and choose Facebook Canvas.
- Add your domain URL to https://yourdomain.com/ in the Secure Canvas URL field.
- Don’t forget to click on Save Changes.
And that’s it, This way you have created a Facebook App.
Step 2: Once you create a Facebook canvas page, please do the following steps:
1- From your store dashboard, go to “System” > “Advanced” > “Settings”.
2- Click on “Shopgo Social” under “ShopGo”.
3- Then click on the “Social Connect Facebook Options” tab to expand it.
4- Enable Facebook and Set the Application ID and Application secret code, that you should receive from the created canvas page.
5- Once you are finished, click on the Save Config button.
By the end of this article, you should know how to enable Facebook login in your store