Footer links, are basically the content of the footer of your store, showing the links to pages of the store which are useful in building a good relationship between you and your customers. The pages are created to give your customers the ability to understand what the concept of the store is.
Because you are special to us, and we want to make things easy for you, one of the things we did here, is that we’ve created the content of the pages and uploaded it to your store on your behalf.
In order to check the pages, kindly navigate to your store’s frontend and scroll down to the footer section, then click on one of the links, such as: “About Us”.
Well, if you wish to edit on the content, or replace it with the content that suits your store better, this could be simply done by following the steps below (In this example, we will be showing you how to edit on the “About Us” page):
- From your admin panel, go to “Content” > “CMS” > “Pages”.
- Click on the “About Us” page, then check the following tabs:
In this tab, you will be doing nothing, below is a general overview only:
- “Page Title”: this is the title of the page, and it is already set to “About Us”. You could change it, by removing the content and typing a new one. For example: “Our Story”.
- “URL KEY”: PLEASE try not to change the URL, just skip it. For the existing pages, changing the URL will redirect to a (404) error page. However, if you create new page, you can add the URL that you want, and it is recommended to have the URL similar to the page title, but with lowercase letters.
- “Store View”: Select on which store view, you want this page to be showing. In this example we will keep it to “English” store view.
- “Status”: Set it to “Enabled”. If you don’t want the page to be showing, you can set it to “Disabled”.
See, we didn’t do much work here. We didn’t lie. Enjoy working on the next tab.
- Click on “Content” tab to expand.
- In the “Content Heading” field you can type in a header for the content of the page.
- Click on the “Show/hide Editor” button to edit on the content of the page. Try not to change on the code, only on the content. You can take a copy of the original code in case something went wrong after editing.
- Once you finish click on the “Save Page” button.
Now go the about us page in your store and refresh your browser to see the changes.
At the end of this article, you should be able to know how to edit the pages on your store