Congratulations on completing the articles of the CS1 stage. You are almost ready to complete building your store.
In this article we will talk about the banners, which are the big, horizontal, and rotating images on your store’s homepage. Usually store owners prefer to display some of their products on the homepage banner to help their customers quickly identify what the store sells. After all a visual says it all.
In this article, we will cover the steps of adding banners.
To add banners, kindly follow the steps below:
- From your admin panel go to “Content” > “CMS” > “Banner Slider” > “Manage Sliders”.
- Click on the “Add Banner” button, then complete the fill in the following fields:
- “Identifier”: This will be used to call and show the banner on the homepage through the code. Make sure the Identifier is all lowercase and separated by underscores Ex: image1.
- “Title” You should specify the banner’s name in this field. EX: Clothes.
- “Status”: Set it to “Enabled”.
- “Store View”: Select which store view you would like this banner to appear on, EX: English. Selecting English will show the banner on the English view of the website only.
- “Image”: Click on the Choose File button to upload the banner.
- “Link”: You could specify a URL for the banner to redirect to, in this field, and the banner will be clickable.
- “Link Type”: You could choose between “Internal” and “External”. Choose “External”: If you would like to link the banner to a new domain, e.g: www.facebook.com/ShopGoMe. While, if you choose “Internal” then you’d be linking the banner to a page inside your website, e.g: you have a category called shoes and its URL key is “shoes.html”, then the link should be “shoes.html”.
- “Add Text”: Check the box in order to be able to display a text on the banner, then write down the text in the “Description” field.
- “Description”: this field is an optional field, which includes the text to be added on the banner opposed to the “Add Text” point.
- Once you finish click on the “Save Banner” button.
At the end of this article, you should be able to upload banners