What are Pages?
CMS Pages are static pages that contain content for your website, such as the home page, about us page or any page that can be navigated to. Pages are whole HTML pages you can create and edit. They have unique URL, Layout you can choose and content. They are edited using WYSIWYG editor. You can create as many pages as you like and use them by adding links to them in the other parts of your website.
How to add a new page:
- Log into your Admin Panel
- From the left side menu go to Content > CMS > Pages.
- From the page that opens click on “Add new page”.
- From the page Information page that opens:
- Set the Page title, for example “About Us”.
- Set the URL for the page, it would be better if you set the a similar to the page title URL for example “about-us”.
URL must be in small letters, without underscores “_” .
- Choose the Store view you would like to display the new page in.
- All store views displays the page in English and Arabic stores.
- English store view displays it only in the English store.
- And Arabic store view displays it only in the Arabic store view.
- Now set the page to Enabled.
URL for English and Arabic store views must be the same.
- From the tabs in the left bar, go to Content tab.
- Set the content heading, which is heading for the content that you going to display in the page.
- Write the page content inside the content box.
- Now go to design tab, in this tab you could set the layout for the page, the layout for the page is generally specified by the theme you choose for the website, but you can still change the layout, you can either choose :
- 1 column which displays the page as a whole without any right or left bars.
- 1 column with left bar which shows a left bar in the page.
- 1 column with right bar which shows the page with bar on the right.
Predefined designs are not available by default, they need customization, since they are not always compatible with all themes.
- Custom design allows you to set a custom theme for the page, you can use predefined themes. Users usually use this feature for displaying another design for the page, different from their website’s theme for a specific period of time.
- Set the date you would like to start displaying the custom design from in the Custom Design Frombox.
- Set the end date for displaying the custom design in the Custom Design To box.
- From the Custom theme drop down box, choose the predefined theme you would like to use.
- Choose the Custom Layout for the page, here I am going to set it to 1 Column.
- In the Custom Layout Update XML field you can update the customization for the information displayed as XML, this is useful if you are familiar with XML coding, you can code the XML and design your preferred layout.
Using the Custom design feature could conflict with your store’s design which will require customization, we do not advice using the custom design feature.
- Now go to “Meta Data” tab, and add the description of this page which can help you with SEO- search engine optimization, this description is not shown on the website but used for search engines.
- After finishing all the required data click on Save page.
When creating the same page for the Arabic store, with Arabic content, you should set the same URL for both.
By following the previous steps you create a new page.
To add content for the page in another language you need to add the page again and follow the same steps but with choosing the store view of the language.
At the end of this article, you should be able to create pages on your store