Sitemap is an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling.
Generating Google Sitemap:
- From your store’s admin dashboard, go to “Marketing” > “Search & SEO” “Google Sitemap”
- Click on “Add Sitemap”
- In Sitemap section, add the below fields:
- Filename: enter the sitemap file name (i.e. sitemap.xml)
- Path: the sitemap file path (i.e. /)
- Store View: Choose the store view you are setting up the sitemap for
- Click on Save & Generate
To setup Google Sitemap Auto-Generation, follow below steps:
- From your store’s dashboard, go to “System” > “Advanced” > “Settings”.
- Click on “Google Sitemap” under “Catalog”
- Then click on “General Settings” tab to expand it, and complete the following:
- “Enabled”: Set it to “Yes”
- “Start Time”: Set the time to generate the sitemap
- “Frequency”: How often you want the sitemap to be generated: “Daily”, “Weekly” or “Monthly”?
- “Error Email Recipient”: Add your email in order to receive any error might generate in the future.
- “Error Email Sender”: Select which email sender to be showing in the emails
- Once you finish click on “Save Config” button
Submitting your sitemap directly to Google:
- Select your site on your Google Search Console home page.
- Click Crawl
- Click Sitemaps
- Click ADD/TEST SITEMAP
- Type sitemap.xml
- Click Submit Sitemap
By the end of this article, you should be able to generate new sitemap and submit it to your Google analytics account.