When your store is created, you are automatically granted an Administrator access with an administrative permission to all operative functions in your store. If there are others on your team or service providers who need access, you can create a separate user account for each, and assign a restricted role.
This tutorial will explain how you can add users to access your admin panel while specifying permissions for each user where it will limit them to certain access.
Step One: Before adding a new user, you need to create the roles first. You can add a new rule by following the below steps:
- From the store’s dashboard go to System > Account Information> Permissions > Roles.
- In the “Rule information” section, name the rule you want to add, for example, “Accountant” or “Data Entry”
- At the left menu click on “Role Resources“ tab to set permissions for this role. From “Resource Access“ field, selecting “All“ means that this role has a full access such as (Administrator). By selecting “Custom“, you can choose the permissions for this role by clicking on the check-box, a limited access (only the permissions you’ve selected).
- Once you finish click on “Save Role” button.
Step Two: Now create a user with the permissions which you’ve just created, by following the steps below:
- From the store’s dashboard go to System > Account Information > Permissions > Users.
- At the top right click “Add New User” button.
- In the “Account Information” section, you have to fill out the required fields.
- Then make sure to set “This Account is” to “Active” to enable this user.
- From the left menu click on “User Role” tab to choose a specific role for this user.
- Once you finish click on “Save User” button.
By the end of this article, you should be able to add a new user(s) and assign it to specific roles and permissions.