The Blog extension gives you a great opportunity to communicate with your regular customers and casual visitors. With the Blog extension, you can create an interactive two-way communication platform to provide official information on your store news, upcoming products, promotions, and get customers’ feedback.
- Blog RSS integrated with the native RSS feed and Multistore RSS
- Ability to switch on/off the blog for different stores
- Native Magento WYSIWYG editor
- Tags added
- .htm rewrite added to post a link
- Ability to duplicate posts
- Toolbar functionality for blog posts and comments
And many more features.
To configure blog extension, please follow the below steps:
- From the admin panel navigate to System > Advanced > Settings.
- At the left side menu under “AHEADWORKS EXTENSION” click on “Blog” tab.
- You can activate it from the field called “Enable” by choosing “Yes”.
- You can make the blog accessible from the domain, e.g yourstore.com/blog, just type down the keyword in the field called “Route to Blog”.
- You can type down the title for the blog from the field called “Blog Title”.
- “Meta Keywords” and “Meta Description”, are used for optimizing SEO.
- “Page Layout” the arrangement of visual elements on a page, we recommend you to select 1 column.
- You can choose the way that shows the date from the drop-down menu called “Date Format”.
- “Show Breadcrumbs” breadcrumb trail is a set of links that show where you are in relation to other pages in your store.
- “Summary Character Count”, You can specify the number of characters in a post to be displayed before it is truncated and the Read More link is added.
- “Posts per Page” you can specify the number of posts on the page.
- You can choose posts’ sorting from the field called “Default Posts Sorting” either newest or oldest.
Note: you can enable the comment option to allow customers to add their comments, under comments tab from the field called “Enable Comments” by selecting “Yes”.
In the next chapter, GW.4.8.1 we will be explaining how to create your blog categories and posts.
By end of this article, you could be able to configure your Blog extension.