One of the greatest ways to gain your customers’ loyalty and attract new visitors is by offering them “coupon codes” this magic word that all the online shoppers are seeking to have it, now you can apply it on the store and offer your customers as many coupon codes as you want.
In this article, we will display an example of applying a specific discount on the whole store
Step #1 Create the coupon code that the customer needs to have in order to get this discount:
- From the admin panel go to Marketing > Promotions> Shopping Cart Price Rules
- Click on Add New Rule button.
- Under General Information, complete the Rule Name and Description.
- Set the Status to Active.
- Select Main Website From Websites field
- Select the Customer Group that you want to apply the coupon code to.
- Select Specific Coupon in the Coupon filed
- Write down the coupon code you want to apply in Coupon Code field or you can tick the box next to Use Auto Generation to generate as many coupon codes as you wish.
- Set the range of date that you want this coupon code to be active within by filling Date From and Date To fields
Step #2 Set up the action for that coupon code which specifies the discount amount you want to apply:
- Go to Actions from the left side menu and set the below fields.
- The Apply dropdown list, Allows you to choose whether to set the discount as Percentage or as a Fixed Amount.
- Discount Amount: is the fixed or percentage value that will be subtracted from the original price.
- Set Stop Further Rules Processing to Yes if you want to stop other promotion rules you’ve set.
- Click on Save and Continue Edit button.
Step #3 Activate the condition that will trigger the rule in order to have the above discount:
- Leave the Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items) as shown below:
At the end of this article, you will be able to apply coupon code of specific discount.