One of the most used promotion these days is Buy 1 Get 1 Free, you can apply it on your store and offer your customers this magnificent discount.
All items must be from the same SKU to qualify for the promotion
Step #1 Create the coupon code that the customer needs to have in order to get this discount:
- From the admin panel go to Marketing > Promotions> Shopping Cart Price Rules
- Click on Add New Rule button.
- Under General Information, complete the Rule Name and Description.
- Set the Status to Active.
- Select Main Website From Websites field
- Select the Customer Group that you want to apply the coupon code to.
- Select Specific Coupon in the Coupon filed
- Write down the coupon code you want to apply in Coupon Code field or you can tick the box next to Use Auto Generation to generate as many coupon codes as you wish.
- Set the range of date that you want this coupon code to be active within by filling Date From and Date To fields
Step #2 Set up the action for this promotion which specifies the discount amount you want to apply:
- Go to Actions from the left side menu and set the below fields.
- Set the Apply dropdown list to Buy X get Y free.
- Set Discount Amount to 1.
- Discount Qty Step (Buy X) to 1.
- Set Stop Further Rules Processing to Yes if you want to stop other promotion rules you’ve set.
- Click on Save and Continue Edit button.
At the end of this article, you will be able to apply buy 1 get 1 free from the same item promotion.