What Is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytic service offered by Google that tracks and reports your website traffic and performance.
It shows you:
• Who visits your website – user’s geographical location, which browser did they use, what is their screen resolution, which language they speak, etc.
• What they do when they are on your website – you can see how long users stay on your website, what pages they are visiting the most, which page is causing the users to leave most often, how many pages an average user is viewing etc.
• When they visit your site – you can see which time of the day is the hottest for your website. This helps you pick the time to publish your posts. If that time zone is not compatible, then you can schedule your posts.
• Where did they arrive on your website from – you can see how the user found you. Whether it was through a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc), social networks (Facebook, twitter etc), a link from another website, or a direct type-in. Google Analytics also shows you the breakdown of each traffic source, so you can focus on specific ones if you like.
• How users interact with your site’s content – You can see how many users clicked on a specific link.
• And much more.
Knowing your audience and what they want is an important success factor for any website. It will help you analyze your customer’s behavior, hence help you in optimizing your website and its user experience, exactly where it is needed. This in return will definitely result into more conversions, after understanding your customer’s interactions with your online store!
There are plenty of stats software and plugins, but we believe that Google Analytics is a must have for every website. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
Please refer to our Analytics articles in order to read and understand those numbers!
How to create your Google Analytics account?
If you do not have one, you should create a Google Analytics account as soon as you launch your website. Visit google.com/analytics, click the “Sign in to Google Analytics” button (top right), and follow the on-screen instructions!
How to setup Google Analytics on your store?
In order to know how to link Google analytics to your store, kindly follow the below steps:
• From your store’s dashboard, go to:
• Configuration > Analytics Tracker
• Click on Add new tracker from the right side of the page
• Paste the ID tracker code under Analytics ID
• Click on Create
How to grant us an access?
1) Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2) Select the “Admin” tab:
3) Select “User Management” from the first column on the left.
4) “Add Permission For” <email@example.com> with Administrative access as shown in the image below:
5) Set to go!
By the end of this article, you should be able to create and link your store with google analytics and how to add users.