1.3 Store Maintenance Mode
After linking your demo store to the live domain, you might want to avoid having customers visit your store, while it’s still under construction, so they see it like that and not come back. To restrict that, you have the option of enabling the maintenance mode, where you can have a “coming soon” message, to make sure your customers come back knowing the store shall be launched soon.
In Order to enable/disable the maintenance mode you can follow the below steps:
- From your admin panel, go to System> Store Setup > Store Maintenance.
- Click on the Settings tab to expand, then kindly complete the following:
- Store Maintenance?: select Yes to enable the extension.
- Frontend Access for Admins?: select Yes to be able to check the store from your side.
- Allowed IPs (comma separated): Click on the Add Current IP button under the field.
- If you wish to add multiple IP Addresses, add a comma between each IP Address and the other.
- Maintenance Page HTML Code: the code that is added inside the textbox refers to the default maintenance mode template. Kindly don’t change the code unless you know how or send a ticket to check with us.
- Click on Save Config button once you finish.
Once the store is live you can simply disable the maintenance mode by selecting No from Store Maintenance? field.
After enabling the extension, the below image should appear to your customers, and only on their end:
5.2 When and How Should I Take My Store Live?
Introduction ” I’m learning to trust the journey even when I don’t understand it! – Unknown ” As you start the journey of building your online store, there are things that you consider and think about prior to taking your store live such as picking ...
3.10 How to Enable Facebook Login on Your Store
Introduction Have you ever visited a website and thought that it is hectic (to create an account) and just had to leave? As an owner of an eCommerce website, you definitely don’t want this to happen to you. We here present to you the way to use the ...
1.4 Disabling Store Views
Introduction One of the most important and powerful features on your store is the ability to create multiple store views. This means you can offer your customers to browse your store in different languages. However, during On-Boarding, we recommend ...
1.2 Kick-Off Your Store
Introduction Welcome to the first article of building your online store with ShopGo First steps of building an online store are: Creating a demo store Linking the demo store to the live domain consecutively. After creating a demo store, you will ...
4.6 Simple but Essential: Store Information
Introduction Your hard work is paying off, and you’ve almost completed the work, well done. In this article, we will guide you through filling in the store information section on your back-end. From your admin panel, go to “System” > “Advanced” > ...