3.10 How to Enable Facebook Login on Your Store
Have you ever visited a website and thought that it is hectic (to create an account) and just had to leave? As an owner of an eCommerce website, you definitely don’t want this to happen to you.
We here present to you the way to use the Facebook login extension to allow your customers to login with their own accounts by a mouse click.
3 steps we need to go through:
- Step 1: Create your Facebook LogIn App:
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click on My Apps and select Add a New App
- Enter the Display Name for the application (ex. Facebook Login)
- Specify your Contact Email
- Press Create App ID
- Navigate to Facebook Login and press the Set Up button as shown below
Select Web from the offered platforms
Now go to Settings and select Basic from the menu on the left-hand side
In the App Domains field enter your domain name (Store.com)
Click on +Add Platform button
Input the website address (https://Store.com/) into the Site URL field
Press the Save Changes button
In the menu on the left-hand side go to Facebook Login section
Select the Settings tab
Indicate your Valid OAuth Redirect URIs for this application which you will find in the OAuth Redirect URI field of your store's Admin Panel by following the below steps:
- Press the Save Changes button
- Step2: Activate your App:
- Click on App Review section in the menu on the left-hand side
- Select Yes for Make Login public?
- Select your category and confirm
- Step 3: Configure your Facebook Login App on your store's backend:
- Again go to https://developers.facebook.com/
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click on My Apps and select your Facebook login app (created above)
- Click on Basic in the menu on the left-hand side
- Copy the App ID to your clipboard
- Make the App Secret appear by indicating your Facebook password, and copy the App Secret to your clipboard
From your admin panel go to Plumrocket > Twitter & Facebook Login
Expand Facebook section
Set App ID as copied above
Set App secret as copied above
Click Save Config
Note: Kindly note that you can send us a new ticket to help install the Plumrocket extension if you don't have it in your Store.
By the end of this article, you should know how to enable Facebook login in your store.
3.17 Simple But Essential: How to Enable Facebook Login on Your Store
Introduction Have you ever visited a website and thought that it is to hectic to create an account and just had to leave? As an owner of an eCommerce website, you definitely don’t want this to happen to you. We here present to you the way to use the ...
Connecting Facebook shop with your store
Introduction It is very important nowadays to have a facebook page related to your store and business in order to attract the attention of a different segment of customers, and it will be great also to synchronize the catalog you have on the store ...
4.9 How to Enable Captcha
Introduction CAPTCHA is an acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart.” A CAPTCHA is a visual device that ensures that a human being, rather than a computer, is interacting with the store. CAPTCHA can be ...
1.3 Who Are My Store Visitors
Introduction Perhaps the most important step to think of for now is traffic! That’s right, you’re expecting new visitors to your website on daily basis. There are many methods to do so, whether paid or organic, however before that, you should be ...
1.4 Disabling Store Views
Introduction One of the most important and powerful features on your store is the ability to create multiple store views. This means you can offer your customers to browse your store in different languages. However, during On-Boarding, we recommend ...